What is Self-Determination?
People are self-determined when they use their ability or power to make choices and decisions based on their own preferences and interests to self-direct their lives.
Our Mission Statement:
- To expand awareness of self-determination principals:
freedom, support, control, responsibility, confirmation, relationships, dreams, and choice.
- To provide self-determination and training resources.
- To promote and recognize advocacy efforts and assist in organizing advocacy efforts throughout Ohio.
- To assist advocates to connect with and educate policymakers and achieve leadership positions.
- To provide self-determination best practice input to state and local governing organizations.
Professionals, Advocates, Resources (PAR), Ohio Alliance of Direct Support Professionals (OADSP), People First of Ohio and the Ohio Self Determination Association (OSDA) partner up to provide an experience like no other in Ohio; a one of a kind opportunity for people with disabilities, their families and people who work in the system to learn, socialize, network, have fun, and form lasting connections with others.
CLICK HERE for official Synergy Conference information and registration.
Learn about the ESDY Awards
What Our Members Say About OSDA
“No we can’t” as an answer is replaced by “How can we make this happen?”
I now have friendships with other advocates. We are better and stronger together!
Being a member of OSDA gave me the tools and confidence to take control of my life and be a leader for other advocates.